Thursday, March 28, 2013

Visit to Businesses

Happy Thursday, all! The past two weeks have been pretty busy on the merchant organizing project. Friday (March 22nd), was the deadline to apply for another Avenue NYC grant to continue the great work we've been doing on 125th west of Morningside. I think we have a really strong proposal, so keep your fingers crossed!

For a couple of months, I (Jennifer) had been trying to visit the businesses on 125th west of Morningside and introduce myself, but I am only in the office two days a week and it always seems to be raining or freezing when I'm here! So today I took advantage of the beautiful only-occasional-rainfall weather and visited some businesses. Today I visited most of the businesses on 125th between Morningside and
Broadway; hopefully next week, I'll visit those businesses west of Broadway. I introduced myself and the Merchant Organizing project and handed out another copy of the Needs Assessment survey (which is also available here!). I would like to thank all of the businesses who took time out of their busy schedules to talk to me this afternoon, it is really appreciated. Don't hesitate to call or email with any questions!

One thing I noticed during my walk was Primo Cafe on 125th and Amsterdam. Last time I walked past there, just a few months ago, it was a vacant building. Now, Primo is open for business and is a really beautiful corner cafe! They serve soup, salad, pizza, sandwiches, bagels, pastries, and more. Everything looked great, in a nice, light, friendly environment with tables and chairs. I think it's a perfect addition to the neighborhood and am really excited to go in and try it for lunch! I regret not taking any photos to post here... you will just have to go see it for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment